Thursday 2 April 2009

G20 Protest Finished with a Movie

I went to the G20 protest today as an observer with Tian and his colleague. The place was packed with people and the whole bank station was blocked off. From the angle I was at, a fight even broke off. Unfortunately (?) I didn’t get to see any bloodshed. But Tian Han managed to see a woman get shoved in the face by a cop. It was so much drama. It felt cool to be part of protest, even if I had to see it from afar. By the time I got there the police had started to separate the crowd from the protesters. The city almost came to a complete standstill. A guy behind me asked the police if he could get through because he was suppose to be in court, but then wouldn’t even let him through. Though, who knows, it coulda been a ploy just to get through.

 

P3310163 

P3310167 

After standing there in the front of the barricade for awhile, it wasn’t going anywhere so I turned back to see if there was any way I could get around. And there was :D I managed to find a way in front of the barricade I was just standing at just to make it to another wall of police. Luckily this was closer but by the time I got to the front of that row of police, they started pushing the crowd back and separating us from the protesters. There is even news that they broke into RBS, but from the angle I was standing at, you couldn’t see jack shit. You could just hear a lot of cheering coming from one direction.

Here’s a short clip of just an overview of what was going on… nothing special from my video taking skills =.=

G20 Demonstration, London
 

P3310181 

P3310182

P3310183

P3310228

P3310185 Can you spot the Joker?

 

At one point the police sirens came from one end and the entire crowd shifted their attention to the other side of the road and everyone rushed that way. Me not included, but Tian was there. He saw that a fight had broke out and he was part of it for awhile too!! He quickly ran away though. Check out his photo album in Facebook to see.

There was even helicopter coverage. I’m sure it was news, not police haha.

P3310238

After that, nothing much happened that was overly exciting there except for the RBS break in, but we didn’t know how to get into there and would probably be blocked off. So we went our separate ways, Tian’s colleague home and us to Leicester Square for lunch which was dim sum :D

After dim sum, we went for my first movie experience in London at Leicester Square Vue. Every Wednesday, Orange (my phone network) offers 2for1 movie and pizza. So me and Tian went to watch Knowing starring Nicholas Cage. I enjoyed the overall plot, but the stereo system in the cinema was deafening. Other than that, the seats were comfy and we managed to smuggle in Sainsbury snacks to enjoy :D

IMG_1552

p/s Stemming from Sharon’s idea. I’ve decided to watermark all my pictures too :)

 

nvr learn

No comments: