Monday 25 May 2009

Movie Comic Media Expo

Went to the MCM Expo yesterday. Was really fun. Got to see cosplayers and experience an anime convention. This was the first time I ever went to one. It was a movie/anime/games kinda convention. So other than anime cosplayers you’d see like Street Fighter dress ups, or Blade, or like Star Wars and stuff. The yellow car is the car from Transformers.

P5240078

Me, Nas and Kavien started off from Northwick Park at 8am and travelled all the way down to Canary Wharf then took a shuttle to ExCel London. We got there and started queueing, thinking it was the queue to buy the tickets (because this queue was longer) LITTLE DID WE KNOW, the queue we were waiting it was actually for the fast track ppl who had already bought their tickets. =.=” We only found out when we were infront of the Expo entrance and everyone already had their tickets, so we had to go ALL THE WAY back and buy the ticks. Haha. We waited outside to chill and wait for the queue to die down and outside you could see all the cosplayers and stuff coming in.

P5240074

Nas and Kavien were both photographers so they were busy taking photos of the cosplayers and stuff with their cool high tech cams. Hehe. With me and my normal point and shoot, so i don’t have that many pictures of cosplayers. But there were alot of really good costumes. We saw a REALLY GOOD Death Note Shinigami. The picture is with Nas but he was so awesome; tall, gangly and with a really great costume too. :D

There were alot of Sailor Moon and Naruto cosplayers. Maybe cause its so easy to get the jacket but there were alot of Itachi (Sasuke’s brother) cosplayers and there was one really good Kakashi one, with the pervert book and everything. Haha. Okay, I’m beginning to sound a bit too much like a crazy anime person so I shall stop talking about them. But I was really surprised at how much effort people really put into the costumes and how much thought and months of planning must have been involved in that kinda thing.

The shops inside were adorable, there were stuff toys and manga and anime for sale. There were REAL katanas and cosplay costumes for sale too. I ended up really splurging as I bought this cute hat and this Fruit Basket lighter and this gift for a friend. AH. i spent so much money I feel so guilty, but I’m so glad I bought the stuff. I really wanna brag about the gift I bought for the friend but for the sake of keeping it a secret, I’ll maybe say what I bought for him later :P.

P5240135Cute kitty hat. AWWWW~ hehe

P5240139  Onigiri Fruit Basket lighter. AWWW~ :D There is not kerosene in it, so I’ll need to fill it, but other than that… SO CUTEEE~

Hehe we went back about 5:30 and ended an exhausted day. I got home and after telling Tian all about my day, collapsed in bed and fell asleep :D

P5240151Aww?

No comments: